Living in the digital age means that any knowledge of digital marketing is beneficial, regardless of what you do for a living. Whether your goal is to boost sales or build your brand image, a certificate in digital marketing is bound to get you ahead.
However, not everybody has the luxury of pursuing a digital marketing degree full-time. You may already be working full-time, or perhaps funding a degree is simply too expensive. But you don’t want to let that stop you from improving your copywriting, sales, and digital media skills.
Few people have the time and money to spend on a full-time degree. If not, you need a fast and efficient means of receiving the digital marketing training needed to stay relevant in an ever-changing industry.
It’s not like you can make an insurance claim if you lack the marketing skills necessary to keep your business afloat. So, in this article, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about taking digital marketing courses online.
What Is An Online Digital Marketing Course?
An online digital marketing course is a structured program that is often led by an industry professional. The aim of these courses is to teach students vital digital marketing skills using practical assignments, live lectures and a hands-on learning approach.
These courses help you develop a deeper understanding of the topic and industry. And they’re helpful to both industry professionals and anybody looking to build a stronger online presence. This includes small business owners, entrepreneurs, and marketing managers.
Some courses even offer certificates upon completion as a validation of your skills to potential clients or employers. Plus, the flexibility allows you to learn pretty much anywhere – including in the comfort of your own home.
If you already have a decent understanding of digital marketing but want to brush up on more specific areas within the industry, there are courses for that too. We’ve listed some of the most popular below.
Social Media Certificate Program
These programs train individuals on how to find their voice when creating and curating social media content. It teaches how to fully utilize the proper marketing tools available on various social media platforms, including how to use paid advertising strategies.
You’ll learn how to achieve your campaign goals with compelling copy and visuals. So this course is perfect for beginners, freelancers, marketers, brands and small businesses.
Digital Media Certificate Program
Digital media is essentially any form of media that can be digitally distributed. When it comes to learning digital art, technology, and creative design, digital media incorporates all three.
These skills help build your business via websites, mobile applications, video, social media, and many more.
List Of 5 Of The Best Digital Marketing Courses Online
When choosing an internet marketing college, it’s important to consider your goals and look for ways that each course can help to achieve them. The best online digital marketing courses are credible, authentic, and well-rounded. It should also naturally produce good reviews and peer recommendations.
This well-rounded course offers a good understanding of all the major components of digital marketing, from social media promotion to website marketing. While it doesn’t necessarily go into explicit detail, it covers all the basics of everything you need to know as a beginner in the industry.
2. Google Digital Marketing Courses
As part of its Digital Garage, Google offers a course that covers the fundamentals of digital marketing. Completion of the course includes a certification that is accredited by the Interactive Advertising Bureau Europe and The Open University.
3. Reliablesoft Academy
Designed by an active digital marketing company, this course covers eight key aspects of digital marketing in individual courses, including the basics of digital marketing, how to navigate Google Analytics, social media and content marketing, and more.
Led by reputable digital marketing professionals, this course offers the perfect introduction to digital marketing and covers concepts from basic to advanced. Not only do these industry experts teach theory, but they also explain how these concepts apply practically.
5. Red & Yellow’s Online Digital Marketing Short-Course
This 10-week online course is perfect for either kickstarting or consolidating your knowledge of the digital marketing sphere. You’ll gain practical skills and fine-tune your creative and critical thinking to help work your way towards becoming a digital marketing specialist.
The Benefits Of Online Digital Marketing Training Programs
Is there anything you can’t do from home? From online grocery shopping to taking a digital course to help boost your career, the possibilities are truly endless. But what are the benefits?
Almost every business has upgraded its marketing efforts to include digital marketing strategies for an online marketplace. Some companies have even made the switch to operate entirely online.
So, simply put, digital marketing is all about ensuring the growth and success – or, at the very least, the survival – of your business.
This only emphasizes the importance of employing digital marketing tactics. Some of the key benefits of learning and employing this particular skill set include:
1. Equal Opportunity – with mankind’s migration to the non-human, digital realm, the online market is opened up to everyday use. And this has certainly helped to level the playing field in the marketing arena.
2. Brand Image & Reputation – one of the main benefits of digital marketing is the ability to attract targeted traffic. Your specific audience will most likely already be interested in what you have to offer, and you are therefore more likely to make a sale.
3. Cost-Effectiveness – there are a decent amount of digital marketing tactics and strategies that are entirely free. However, even paid versions are relatively affordable and well worth the money.
4. Conversion Optimization – without conversion, all of the online attention you get on your social media and websites would all be for nothing. Streamlining your digital marketing campaigns towards optimizing conversion turns all of your incoming traffic into leads, sales, and subscribers.
5. Facilitating Interaction – one of the main reasons why digital marketing is overtaking its traditional counterparts is its ability to offer interaction between a business and its audience in real-time. And being able to effectively handle engagements and communication could mean the difference between failure and success.
6. Mobile Service Delivery – modern society is experiencing an ever-increasing dependency on internet-enabled devices. So being able to communicate with clients and customers via laptop, tablet and cellphone is more important than ever.
Whether you’re an absolute beginner or have already managed to dip your toes in this exciting industry, there’s always something new to be learned in digital marketing. It is an essential skill for anybody looking to raise brand awareness and survive the ever-changing terrain of the digital landscape.
Having access to an array of free and paid online courses allows you to upskill yourself with ease and flexibility. You can prepare to market yourself to success using your online presence. And from the comfort of your couch, there’s no better way to get a digital marketing certificate online.
Tip: Many courses go on sale during Black Friday – so keep an eye out and you may just find the intellectual jackpot!